Wednesday, February 27, 2013

NEW KITCHEN SUBWAY ART



We had this blank space on the wall beside the stove.  Being so close to the stove means there would be occasional splatters and steam of course so we couldn't just put anything up there that might be damaged.

So the other day I was at Hobby Lobby (it's a craft store that also has decorative home items) and I found this subway style art print and fell in love with it.  It's printed on a slick coated material, kind of like it's laminated.  That means it will wipe up easily if it ever gets dirty.


Here is a closeup of the phrases on it, thought you might like to see.

It fits us well; we love family recipes, 2nd Man cooks with a pinch of this and a dash of that, we have no dishwasher at the farm so yeah, help with the dishes is always welcome, everything is seasoned with love, skinny chef, um, no comment...and really, isn't the kitchen the heart of all homes?


I also found this great wooden sign a couple of weeks back and put it above the door in the kitchen that leads to, where else, the dining room!


5 comments:

  1. You are having so much fun decorating that farm house. After your luck with thrift shops I've tried my hand a couple of times stopping by the local Goodwill to see what they have. Mostly a lot of junk but did find two Chinese soup bowls with matching Chinese soup spoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I love putting art in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of these, and of course, I LOVE THE LOB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both signs are just meant for a happy kitchen. Don't you love when you get something new and it fits so nicely in your home?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!