Thursday, October 1, 2020

GARDEN ENTRANCE DOOR INSPIRATION THURSDAY

On Thursdays we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!


The gate on our garden is starting to wear out.  The hinges are giving out and it's warped a bit.  I've been thinking of getting a new one for us.  Of course, most expenses like that are on hold for a bit but we can still plan.  Anyway, I saw this idea for using an old door.  If I'm going to mount the hinges of a gate I might as well do the same with a door.  

It's such a fun idea as an entrance to the garden and a great way to repurpose an old door.  I thought red would be neat but we actually like the yellow on this one. It's a happy color...


...that reminds us of a favorite flower which in turn reminds us of one of our favorite persons.

Be inspired!

8 comments:

  1. That is really pretty and adds a pop of color to garden area.
    One bad thing about a yellow door, it fades easily plus it also attracts wasps. A pretty blue or teal color would be pretty or having the door white with red trim(would be just opposite of your sheds)
    You could also have a wood stained door and have it rustic looking.
    So many ways you can go with in type of door, color, etc. Even an old screen door and paint the trim in your desired color.
    At one time I thought about using swinging saloon doors at one time going into my flower bed but that thought went by the way side.
    Try Habitat for Humanity, as they usually are well stocked in doors but don't get a hollow house door cause I don't think it would hold up being outside. I think a solid door without the glass panes would be best. You might be lucky to find an old door at a flea market or garage sale for cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make such a pretty entrance to your garden. You could start with one color and then change it up to make a different impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow! You can paint the wood door with something to keep it intact longer. I see doors on the curb all the time. Keep your eyes open. And, if you see two, get both. I would keep a spare around all the time for when that one rots...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Idea! I'd prefer a less rustic frame to the door, and immediately pictured a decorative corbel on the horizontal fence brace next to the frame.

    I agree on the yellow being very pretty but attracting wasps. A color complimentary to any flowers you have planted nearby. I'm picturing a pastel or intense purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow is an amazing color isn't it? Missed this one when it came, catching up today. Wishing you both a wonderful new year full of fun and worry free! <3, <3, <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!