Wednesday, February 21, 2018

SHEET PAN TILAPIA WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE

You know in the last few weeks, I've been exploring "sheet pan" meals.  Here's another one I sort of threw together and it's so good...


Green beans (about 1 lb, cut and trimmed), 4 tilapia filets (or any white fish you like, we use wild caught tilapia) and about two cups of cherry tomatoes.  Put it all on a sheet pan.  I poured a drizzle of olive oil over the tomatoes and green beans (but not the fish), and then sprinkled it all with salt and pepper.

Lemon garlic butter
Here is 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted. 3 cloves of garlic minced, and the juice of 1/2 lemon.

Mix all together...


...and pour it over the fish.  You can use a spoon (or your hand) to spread it around so the fish is evenly covered in the lemon garlic butter mixture.  

Sheet pan fish with green beans and cherry tomatoes
Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven, turn the veggies (so they get a good roasting) and put back in the oven for 10 minutes more.  Move up to top rack and broil for about 5 minutes.

Sheet pan lemon garlic fish and vegetables
Remove from oven, drizzle the fish with a squeeze of lemon and place the vegetables on the plate. 

Enjoy! 



10 comments:

  1. Ooh more sheet pan dinners!!! I do love tilapia with just a little white wine and butter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH! I like the idea of white wine. Will add a dash or five....

      Delete
  2. I wonder if I could make that boneless, skinless chicken breast, cook a bit and then add the vegetables? It all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why note. They'd probably cook pretty quickly. Good idea!!

      Delete
  3. Looks really delicious! And colorful - we eat with our eyes first.
    I like Rain's idea of adding some white wine - wine, what's not good about wine?! And I like Parsimony's idea of using other meats also.
    This will be a good recipe especially in a couple of months when we again have fresh tomatoes and green beans from our gardens.
    You and 2nd Man definitely need to publish a cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very pretty meal for sure. Nice bright colors. And yes, isn't the wine idea good? And heck chicken instead of fish AND wine would be great too.

      Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Very appealing and looks Delicious.
    Have done something like this only using nice thick pork chops with green beans and roasted tators; chunk tators steak fries, or even can use tator tots or crispy crown
    We do eat A lot of tilapia here. In fact it's on my grocery list for next week meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad they are wild caught tilapia! No way would I ever eat farmed seafood of any kind. Looks delicious and so healthy! An entire meal cooked in one pan is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I found this recipe of yours a few days ago and served it up for dinner to a house guest last night. We all loved Iit and just wanted to stop by to say thank you. The store I shop at didn’t have tilapia for the first time ever, that I can remember at least. I bought filets of cod instead and it was a good substitute. I will look for tilapia next time we make this dish as it is going to be a regular at our table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, how kind for you to stop by and let us know. So happy to hear. Thank you again!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!