Thursday, June 6, 2019

GARDEN SINK INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!



I've been contemplating projects in the garden.  One of them is to put in a sink of some sort for just rinsing of veggies or washing hands or tools or whatever.  Of course, who wants just a plain old sink and faucet.  This was made using a galvanized bucket and some galvanized pipe with what looks like some garden hose watering attachments for a faucet. 

It looks like this was run up through a wooden table and the bucket may even have a drain in the bottom.  Need to do some more research but seeing as how a large surface of some sort is one of the things I'm going to do in the Fall for the garden area (a sort of potting table) this could work.  It looks neat.

Be inspired!
  

8 comments:

  1. i love my garden sink and use it daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where it would make sense to have one in the garden. I'm going to make this a goal. In the fall. when it's cooler. ha.

      Delete
  2. It would be handy.
    Sent you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! It would look great by your garden and would be so handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it though? Especially since it's so far from the house, ha.

      Delete
  4. If you put a drain, which I would want, make sure you can close it to make it hold water should the need arise. I keep a bottle of dishwashing liquid and a dish cloth hanging next to my outdoor faucet. Tommy and men doing things appreciate being able to wash their hands and arms. The dishcloth is probably sterilized by the sun. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!! Great reminder, thank you for that. And I like the idea of having soap and a cloth there. Thanks!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!