Sunday, June 7, 2020

OUR FIRST PEACH

Well, it was time...yesterday at the farm I checked the fruit trees.  One week with the deer deterrent fencing up and we still had the tempting peach on the tree (and the others).

So far so good on that front.


There are two actually, this one and another that is a bit further behind in ripening.  This one was slightly soft to the touch so it was time.


I brought it back into town so we could chill it and eat it.  There is nothing like the aroma of a sun warmed peach right off the tree.  It was like having a peach scented air freshener in the car, ha.


We sliced it in half and tried it. Wow, it was SO good.  Such a pure, strong peach flavor.  Not at all like the peaches we have gotten from stores. They are good (most of the time) but nothing like this.  We can't even imagine what a peach cobbler (one of my favorites) would taste like made with fresh peaches like this.

We are still a few years away from having that many peaches at once but if this is a sign of things to come, we can't wait.


8 comments:

  1. Actually I was surprised that it made it all the way back into town. :} Thought maybe 2nd man would had only gotten to see the peach pit.
    Now; hopefully you saved that peach seed / pit, and from it, start a peach tree.
    https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/peach/planting-peach-seeds.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought crossed my mind but it was only fair...sharing is caring, LOL! But for the next one, all bets are off! ;-)

      Thanks for that I did save the pit and will for the next one too. Great link. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. My mouth is water just looking at that picture! I can only imagine how delicious it actually was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO good. The next one will be eaten fresh off the tree, a reward for mowing, ha.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh that looks SO good. I'm from Georgia originally so, peaches, naturally, are in my blood, hahaha. Peach cobbler is THE best. Hands down. And on another note, your photos are so pretty. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it was so good. And yes, you can't be from Georgia and not like peaches, right? If you have a great cobbler recipe, feel free to share, ha. And thanks for the comment about the photos. I got a new camera at Christmas and decided to learn how to use it. Still have a way to go but I think I've figured out food pics at least.

      Delete
  4. You will enjoy those peaches for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!