Monday, October 25, 2021

IT WAS A RAINY MOW


This was the sky when I got to the farm. I got the mower out and started mowing mere moments after I drove in.  Side note, mower app still not working ugh.  Get with it John Deere, fix the app.  But I digress.  I mowed all of the driveway and part of the front yard and back yard and the rain started coming down.


I headed to the mower shed and parked the wet mower.  By the time I got to the porch...


...this is what it looked like.  A downpour.  It's nice to watch but makes for not much else to do.  I contemplated a nap but instead I went inside, grabbed a book (on chicken keeping, go figure, ha) and came out to the porch to read.


Here was my view while reading.  It started slowing down and after about an hour and a half...


...this is what it looked like!

I checked and for as much as it rained, the ground had either sucked it all up or it just evaporated in the sun.  It was dry enough to mow like normal.  I finished it up.  Hoping that will be it for mowing for the season and this coming weekend will be planting a few things in the garden.


The rain didn't keep the cows away though, they were on the property next door so I stopped to get some pictures of them.  It's always fun to watch them while I'm mowing.  Or wait...are they thinking it's always fun to watch me?  Hmmm...

Oh well it was a good day at the end.

As the old saying goes about Texas weather...don't like it?  Just wait an hour and it will change. 

13 comments:

  1. From the looks of it, that one cow was mooning you.
    We thought yesterday morning we would get a shower of rain, but no such luck, as it moved on and didn't get a drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I didn't notice that. You're right! How rude of the cow, LOL! We are supposed to get some but haven't yet.

      Delete
  2. I was really surprised to get that rain Saturday. I must have missed the forecast for it. Glad that you had only a moderate interruption to your mowing. It gave you the chance to study up on keeping chickens - and to do so while listening to the wonderful sound of rain falling.
    Glad you got to watch another episode of “Cow TV” as you mowed - while the cows were entertained by “The Seda Bolsa Farm Lawn and Garden Show.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed it too. A coworker told me on Friday when we were leaving that there was a chance of rain and I said "oh yeah, those pop up storms that are somewhere else". I sent her a text with the rainfall happening and said "yep, the pop up is right over us!"

      Oh rain is so nice to listen to. When we do something at the farm, a deep porch will be an absolute must.

      The cow show has good ratings, I hope it continues, ha.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You know, in retrospect, they are pretty big huh?

      Delete
  4. Cows like to see people driving or walking by so they can joke with each other about what people think when they see cows. They also make up naughty names for us.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK that made us laugh out loud. Yep, we can totally see that. They probably also laugh when we moo at them. Wait, we're not the only ones that moo, right?

      Delete
    2. I moo. You moo. Everybody moos. The cows laugh because they know what our moos really mean.

      Delete
  5. Glad you got the grass mowed, and provided some entertainment for the neighbor's cows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping it will be the last regular season mow. I always try to do a winter mow when I can get to areas that need it and are dormant. That depends on how "wet" our season is, NOT getting stuck again.

      Delete
  6. We're getting rain now; more like a hard down pour along with some gusty wind. It's fast moving, so doubt it will stick around long.
    Started about 3AM this morning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Received an inch of rain but that windy sure was a bit chilly.
    By the way; is that one of your trail cams you have mounted on your porch post?
    By the way; your on-lookers there on other side of fence, I think that cow that is mooning you is saying; 'I herd it all and seen it all. ' :}

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!