Monday, January 1, 2024

MEDICAL ID TO RING IN THE NEW YEAR 2024


On the advice of my doctor, we ordered a couple of things that I will need to keep with me.


One is this pendant.  I can always have it on in case I miss the bracelet and it is to let an EMT or hospital ER know that I'm a prior heart attack patient and have stents.  The back will say that I'm on blood thinners as well as "in case of emergency" info.


Then 2nd Man ordered this for me.  It is filled in with my name, heart issues, stents, blood thinners and I'll have my blood type on there as well as 2nd Man's contact info in case of emergency.

It's a whole new world to learn.  I even have a card that I must carry in my wallet behind my drivers license (that's where EMT's will look for it) that shows the type of stents I have and their location.


Not the way I thought I'd ring in 2024 but, hey, I'm here and that's all that matters!

Here's to a healthy and happy New Year for all of us!



13 comments:

  1. And we are all so glad you are still here. A great optimistic post to encourage all us moaners and grumblers...of which I am one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thank you very much, appreciate it! And yes, every day we wake up, make it a great day. :-)

      Delete
  2. Doesn't everyone love getting jewelry for Christmas?💍 Perhaps not this kind of jewelry, but you have to admit, it will all be a keeper!
    Don't leave home without it!
    I think 🤔 it's going to be a very interesting year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about it, that's right, jewelry! ha!! I've already got the neck chain one, wearing it now. The bracelet comes in a few more days. Yes, 2024 should be interesting for sure.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You are triply prepared now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a weird feeling going from never remotely thinking about it to having all of it to do but it's part of the process I suppose.

      Delete
  4. I have been meaning to get an ID bracelet, but never have, so I suppose I should get three items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sell them everywhere now it seems. I got the necklace thing from amazon, it was the one I liked best and then bracelet is actually coming from overseas but again, it was a style I liked. Get one if you need it, it just might save your life someday.

      Delete
  5. Your new “dog tag” items were probably not the most exciting Christmas presents but at least you are here to receive them - the best gift of all!
    Wishing you, 2nd Man, and Hobart a wonderful New Year of good health, peace, laughter, and much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the most exciting but like you said, being here to NEED them is the best gift of all. Thank you so much as always!!!

      Delete
  6. I would think that second man would have picked it up at Tiffany’s. That way you’d have a little bling with your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a bad idea...hmm...might need to suggest that for a future birthday, if you know, something happened to one of my others, LOL!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for posting this info. Hubs had TAVR procedure 6 years ago, I told him about EMT looking behind DL so he moved his TAvR registration. Best wishes for quick and full recovery! Deb

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!