Monday, July 20, 2026

GOOD FOOD AND KITTY CAT SUNDAY

It was a HOT weekend.  SO hot.  I was going to do yard work but I chickened out, ha.  I will do a little each evening when I get home from work.  

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday so here it is a day late.


On the 4th, we had our semi-annual tradition of BBQ rib dinner (Daytona weekend is the other time).  I made pickled red onions, a low fat coleslaw with no sugar.  We love it, as it compliments the sweetness of the bbq sauce.  2nd Man made some homemade bread and I made the ribs.


Here is Babygirl.

In a series of two pictures.

She was ready for food and when she is...


...she lets us know for sure!

She will be spayed soon.  Since we know she has to stay in for a bit to recover, we are trying to get her used to being in the screened in porch. She freaks out in the house and we don't want her to be stressed and trying to recover at the same time) so we've been letting her come in the screened in porch and get used to it. We have a bed for her and a littler box.  She eats there from time to time so we think she'll be OK.  

Hope your week is off to a good start!

4 comments:

  1. She's so pretty! And she's probably pregnant so the sooner she's spayed the better! If you can borrow a large dog crate it would give her a place to calm down in after the spay in case she tries to go through the screens on the porch.
    HeatherE

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful meal – yum! It looks sooo delicious!
    Babygirl is so pretty. She looks like a real sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that meal was worth waiting for ... yum!
    Glad you are working up to getting Baby spayed! She will probably stay an indoor/outdoor cat until SHE decides to be an indoor girl! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babygirl is just a whisper from adopting y’all>

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!