I FINALLY mowed. Well mostly, ha.
I was going well, I edged everything first, which is a great way to start. It was hot, "feels like" of 103 but I had to do it. More on that momentarily. Anyway, I was finished with the back and sides and most of the front when I went to do the driveway. The grass was pretty heavy, and it bogged down the mower blades. Normally that's not a big deal, just turn it back on. But I did that and the mower blades wouldn't engage. I knew exactly what it was.
A clod of grass was wedged in between the end of one of the mower blades and the edge of the mower deck housing and it wouldn't turn so it automatically shuts off. That's happened before over the years and usually I just have to get under there and dig/pull it out and it works fine.
I drove it to the driveway and laid down and spend a good 40 minutes trying to get that. Scissors, pliers, a spray bottle of water, nothing could dislodge it.
I had this patch of grass left and I looked at the time, my heartrate, the heat and said to myself "I'm about 90% done, I think that's good enough, it's not worth risking it". Drove the mower to the shed and put it up. I am hoping as it dries, in a week or two (whenever I have to mow again) it will be easier to remove the dried grass/dirt.
Didn't cover as much as usual, but like I said, close enough, ha. And best of all, it's DONE for now which is what I wanted because...
...we are on Tropical Storm watch! It's not yet a named storm (as this posts) but if it does, it will be "Edouard". They are expecting landfall tomorrow.

It will most likely be only a rain event, no heavy winds predicted, though that can change as a storm spins up into something bigger if it slows down. At this point though, just rain.
Most of the heaviest rain misses the farm but if it wobbles a bit, we could get that.
Fingers crossed.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.
Now, let us hear from you!