Sprinkled donuts...
Oh wait, not THOSE kind of donuts!
These are SPRINKLER donuts.
Something we got for our septic sprinklers. As you may (or may not) know, our new septic system is aerobic...meaning the excess, filtered, "gray water" is sprayed out into the yard.
This is done via pop up sprinklers. There are three of them and because they are below ground level, they are very hard to see. You have to be careful when driving and/or mowing over them.
We looked online and found some solutions.
This is what we settled on:
They sell them HERE ON AMAZON but they are a bit pricy (but you can at least read more about them and how they work). I found them online at a sprinkler supply warehouse for half the price. In fact, the price was low enough that I ordered four (to get over the free shipping threshold) and now we will have a backup should one break.
They are made of a concrete mixed with a fiber to reinforce them and make them very strong.
The first thing I had to do was find them, ha. It's easy though, we have a test button on the sprinklers to make them go off. I found each one and then cleaned out the grass around it.
Here it is when I got the grass cleared and put it over the pop up. Now they sit more flush with the ground so they don't get struck by the mower blades when I'm doing my thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.
Now, let us hear from you!