Monday, August 17, 2026

WOW IT IS HOT

It is hot.  How hot?

Our "feels like" yesterday was 109 degrees.  We have all sorts of heat warnings and alerts telling people to stay indoors.


I haven't mowed or edged in three weekends now. We have had very little rain, just a couple of quick afternoon showers.  Luckily, the grass hasn't grown that much, although...

...it is a little out of control in places, ha.  I thought about mowing this weekend but I went outside to water and it's just insanely hot and humid.  I was SOAKED with sweat from being outside for an hour, and had to come in and take a shower.  I was going to work in the garage clearing some more boxes, but again, just 30 minutes out there is too much.

In a neighborhood, we might have to worry about the HOA sending us a nasty letter about mowing our grass but hey, out here, no one cares, we're the only ones who will see it, ha.

We asked "J" (from 2nd Family) if she had mowed yet (we've been commiserating about the weather) and she said she did a couple of things on the porch the other day and the heat made her feel horrible for hours.

Then she said "my yard is not worth dying for".

Wise words... 🤣


3 comments:

  1. It has been hot here in central Florida, my lawn went three weeks without mowing. The man that does it finally came between rains and had to go over it three times it was so high and heavy. We needed the rain so that was good, I am in a farming area, so an overgrown lawn is not problem if the farmers crops get the much-needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is now 62 degrees here going up to the mid 70s this afternoon with high cloud. We are lucky. Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise of J in 2nd Family "my yard is not worth dying for". That is sooo true. This heat can kill you. I don't go outside until 7:00 p.m. to pick my garden and just be outside for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!