Thursday, January 17, 2013

INSPIRATION THURSDAY, SMALL ZEN GARDEN

Zen Garden, photo courtesy of: davesgarden.com forum
Is it weird to have a zen garden on a farm?  I don't see why not.  I've always wanted one and usually I only see big, elaborate designs.  I'd just like something simple and something that makes a statement.  So when I saw this on a gardening forum, I said to myself "that's it"!

It's simple, circular (more or less) and just has a nice layout.  I mean really, anywhere we could find a blank spot, it wouldn't be that hard to recreate something like this.  On our property of course, the boulders/stones would be impossible to locate, just not that kind of 'terrain'.  I'd have to have those brought in.  Then some gravel and a rake and I could get off my Big Green Zen Machine and into my Little Green Zen Garden, LOL.

Enjoy your day, see you back here tomorrow.

14 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Too Zen for Moi :-)

Anonymous said...

I may have some big stones for you in the future. I'm trying to buy a place in the hill country

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Looks so very peaceful, would make a nice addition to your farm !
~Jo

Sandy said...

I love zen gardens, I think you should make one on the farm.

Quinn said...

Pretty much any time I sit quietly for a few minutes anywhere on my place, I am in a zen garden. Being quiet and looking at what is around me nearly always has that effect.

Susan said...

Go for it. You never know when you might need it. I know if I had one I would be sitting in it right now.

WeekendFarmer said...

Zen garden is a great idea! Maybe have a lil koi pond on the side as well...Kyoto had some beutiful zen gardens from huge to a only few ft ones. Its a nice way to be able to sit and reflect. Say hi to Barnabas. What a cool name and a cool idea to name a tree!

1st Man said...

Ha, I understand. It's not for everyone. That's why I'd just like a small one like this, ha.

1st Man said...

Ah, the hill country, what a beautiful part of Texas. I'm jealous!! Hills, regular green trees, nice weather....

Keep me posted, I am not doing anything right now and it might not be until the Fall but I might be interested!

1st Man said...

I like that about it, simple and serene. Thanks!

1st Man said...

As I said above, I know they aren't for everyone but I think done properly they can be a nice focal point. It's a dream for now, but someday!!

1st Man said...

Truer words were never spoken. In that regard, i have a zen garden already. :-) Thank you!

1st Man said...

I will, eventually, ha. That's what these inspiration posts are for, future planning, ha.

1st Man said...

Oh, I so want a pond at some point, definitely! The property is big enough and actually has a natural pond site so I'm hoping that we can have something done about that in the future.

Here is the link to the post where I talked about naming the tree:

http://twomenandalittlefarm.blogspot.com/2012/05/we-named-our-mesquite-tree.html

Thanks!!