Friday, August 17, 2018

R-E-S-P-E-C-T ARETHA FRANKLIN


Such a loss...The Queen of Soul earned that title. 
As I type this we are listening to some of her greatest hits playing in the background...

Respect
Chain of Fools
Son of a Preacher Man
Natural Woman
Freeway of Love
Sweet Sweet Baby
Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing
I Say a Little Prayer
Spanish Harlem
Save Me
What a Fool Believes

...and the list goes on and on.

One of my personal faves was a duet, later in her career.  I Knew You Were Waiting, her duet with the late George Michael.



I hope George was right there waiting for her...

Rest in Peace Aretha

14 comments:

  1. all great songs from a great lady. we will not see her like again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, she was, as so many we've lost, a one of a kind. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. I have been listening to Chain of Fools and Natural Woman all day. What a set of pipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still listening to her. SO much great music, including a few I didn't realize were her.

      Delete
  3. The world is richer for her having sung for us. Today, I have been enjoying some of her music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are some of our most iconic songs of our times.

      Delete
  4. I heard about Aretha's death while I was at work. I enjoyed her music too! Glad she shared her musical talent with the world .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it wild to imagine if she had never sung, and shared that with us, how many iconic moment we'd never have known about?

      Delete
  5. Truly the Queen of Soul.
    She was such a wonderful woman with such a great gift; a gift from God.
    She will never be replaced but will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! her gift was incredible and we'll never see anyone like her again. And will live on in music for generations to come.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!