Sunday, April 12, 2020

TRANQUIL MOWING

Yesterday was a bust at the garden center.  No veggies that we wanted but that's ok, we had gotten several last weekend and I'll have an update on that tomorrow.  Today we are awaiting the chance of storms but so far it's been pretty clear.  

Yesterday was a mowing day.  It had been a little over two weeks since the last time.


So I hopped on the mower and started.  Here it is about halfway through the front yard.  Yeah, the green sure is pretty and when we live there full time someday, the green will stay around more often.  But I need to cut it short in these times of the pandemic so I don't have to go as often,  less stopping at the stores to get stuff and of course don't have to go out if we decide to just stay in town or if the quarantine rules become more extreme. 


Not sure why but this time was longer than usual.  I think because I was going over some new spaces and trying to get rid of some brush that was encroaching on some areas.  I also went back over the clippings to disperse them better.


When it's done it's nice and neat.  Should be a couple more weeks before I have to do it again.  Who knows what the word will be like then.  Will we be starting to get back to normal or will it be more of this weird  "new normal"?  Time will tell.


The property behind us (a couple hundred acres) had their cattle rotated to the space behind us so I had an audience the whole time.  Eventually they came closer to the fence line but it's always fun to mow and see them watching me.  It makes for a very peaceful and relaxing day.  It was cool, though overcast, but a nice way to get away from the chaos of the world right now.  Tomorrow a post on our vegetable garden, small as it may be, ha. 

Stay safe!


7 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to the both of you as well.
    I must say; you sure do have a beautiful yard.
    We had early thu7ndstorms very early this morning and nice shower of rain; (1/2 inch) to go along with but it then cleared off.
    Had to run into town to get just a few things but came right back home.
    Got more dark clouds over head and the thunder rolls but the wind is blowing the storms over to the northeast and sun is shining at the moment.

    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunny & 70s here. tomorrow - wind & rain & cooler temps.

    went to the grocery store this morning; still no damn paper products, but everything else in good supply. spouse's cousin let us purchase some TP rolls from him; a lifeline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storming here on Sunday night. Our yard is mowed and looks great! That makes me happy. I would love to live next to cows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter! 🐣🐰🐥🐇

    Love your very pretty and peaceful pictures. Grazing cows and other animals in green pastures are such a calming sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there , we are farmers in New Zealand, and when I mow our lawns I tip the clippings over the fence for the stock. They love them, jostling each other out of the way to get to the grass. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to our weather here in my area that there is a good chance that we could wake up to a possible frost come Wednesday morning. :{
    Wearing shorts 1 day and putting on sweat pants and heavy jacket the next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish i had a place like yours to escape from the city. it is so weird looking outside only to see an empty city.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!