Sunday, December 4, 2022

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

 Yesterday was a misty, gloomy day.  But I got some things done at the farm.  Can't believe it's already December.  Where does the time go?

2nd Man made this the other day, so good, especially in colder weather.  It's ground beef, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, potatoes, carrots, peas, onions and seasonings.  All cooked together the same pan, it's almost like a simple stew.  We had some leftover beans from the night before and served those on the side in the same bowl.  So comforting on a cold evening and isn't that what makes it comfort food?

Here's Hobart, sleeping on his blue fuzzy blanket.  Well, OK, technically this isn't his blanket, we ordered for us for chilly evenings on the couch but, of course, he discovered it and so now we have to cover him up and leave his head uncovered and in this case his leg and tail, because...

#notspoiled


3 comments:

  1. Hamburger stew looks outstanding. Reminds me of mussgo left over items that needed to be used up; hence mussgo stew. :}
    I had made a pot of chili being it was damp, chili and wind blowing made it feel that much colder.
    I say Hobart likes 'his' new blanket. He figures what is yours is mine, and what is mine is mine. :} No Notspoiled.
    Have a nice and relaxing evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup does look comforting. Wish I had some right now. I also wish I had someone to cover me with a pink blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, 2nd Man’s creation looks perfect for a chilly day. And it’s simple and quick, which is even better.
    Hobart, you know just how to temperature regulate, using your tail and one leg! Smart kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!