Sunday, March 26, 2023

GOOD FOOD AND HOBART SUNDAY

 Well this weekend was thrown off schedule, yeseterday we went to a Home & Garden Show out in Katy (suburb of Texas) and talked to some builders, designers and even a banker who does rural homes.  Could be some interesting things coming in the weeks and month or two ahead!

We stopped at a burger place out there to eat, we had been wanting to eat there for a while.  Thought we'd share that picture because a) we haven't been out to eat much and b) the burger was so unusual.

We went to eat at Willy Burger.  It's a place that started in Beaumont TX a few years back and they put their only other location in Katy.  They are craft burgers with sides and even have desserts like funnel cakes, coke floats and malts and shakes (we skipped those, ha).  

2nd Man got a classic cheeseburger, double meat Angus beef, with mustard, bacon and grilled onions and a side of fries.  I got what they call a "Hee-Haw burger" with onion rings.  Funny name but OH MY.  Angus meat, housemade pimento cheese, fried green tomatoes, lettuce, bacon and topped with red pepper jelly.  No words.  Definitely good food!

In Hobart news, I was getting some quilts ready for storage and had this one folded up and laying on the table.  Somehow, he found his way up onto it and there he was, sleeping the afternoon away.  We didn't move him.  Because...

#notspoiled


5 comments:

  1. OH, MY, them look Delicious!
    Making my mouth water. I'll take a burger like 2nd mans and them onion rings to go with..........Please. :}
    Enjoy your day and enjoy the nascar race.
    Have a Wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those burgers look delicious! I would have chosen onion rings also. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have had to use a knife and fork on your meal on a bun. I do love grilled tomatoes and have ever since I was a small child. They are best prepared in a cast iron skillet, but I don't have a grill. Hobart just has to try out all quilts and blankets, apparently. Does he ever seems to smell meat on your breath or hands when you come in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear I would fall prey to that Hee Haw burger and rings! 🍔

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can’t wait to hear about your upcoming house news!
    Your burgers look wonderful! What a delicious - and well-deserved - treat to yourselves.
    I think folded/unattended fabric is as irresistible to cats as boxes are - they just have to try them out. Looks like Hobart found it was just right for a nice long nap!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!