Friday, March 31, 2023

WILDFLOWER FRIDAY

When we were out last weekend, we stopped to see some wildflowers.  Were hoping for some bluebonnets but they were nowhere to be found in the area we were.  Might be a bit late for them or they didn't have as big a season as usual. We still saw some pretty ones!


Loved this because of the old metal building in the background.  Pictures still don't do these scenes justice, it's just color scattered around everywhere.  Literally looks like you are in a real life painting as you stand there and admire the view.


Saw these near our farm that we see every few years.  I think someone called these ditch lilies or something like that.  So pretty.


Usually see these later in the year, but with temps in the upper 80's already, we guess they are confused, ha.  Something about these flowers just make us smile.

We love that nature just has flowers just popping up all over the place.  Texas wildflowers, thanks in large part to First Lady Ladybird Johnson, are ubiquitous at Springtime in Texas.

Hope you are having a Good Friday, the weekend is almost here!

3 comments:

  1. 2nd photo; what I always known them as are called Milk and Wine lilies. I have planted some in our yard of which I dug up some bulbs from my mother's garden some years ago.
    Normally what is called Ditch Lilies are normally orange in color. I also have some of them planted in our yard.

    Have a great day along with a wonderful weekend.

    Looks like we are about to get a heavy shower of rain here before long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I think the lilies in the second picture are Crinum lilies.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!