Friday, March 1, 2024

WOODEN STOOL TRASH TO TREASURE

 Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.


Went down a couple weeks ago and found this stool.  I picked it up, put it in my Jeep and took it to the farm.


It will reside in the shed at the farm for use anytime I need something like it.  It's in perfect shape, not broken, not discolored, it kind of just looks like someone bought it, decided they didn't like it and put it in the recycle area.


Oh well, it will have a new life and will definitely come in handy.  Here it is last weekend when I used it to rest while repotting all the plants.  It seems you can ALWAYS use a place to stop and rest or do something without standing up the entire time.


6 comments:

  1. When I first seen that stool a couple of weeks ago when you was doing some transplanting, I thought to myself; 'I bet he had gotten that at your trash to treasure area'.
    That is one nice looking stool or maybe could be used as a small end table for your porch area. Great find.
    Wishing you both an enjoyable day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be a multi-purpose stool for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love a place to stop and rest in and around the yard. On 1/3 acre yard with huge house, I had lots of places to rest--two swings, three benches, bistro table with chairs, 42" table with chairs, and a picnic table. Stopping with a place nearby to rest was vital. I think maybe the need to sit when I stopped is a age thing. LOL, no it is a back problem thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really great find! It looks to be solid wood. I like that it’s rectangular instead of round - it makes for a more versatile surface as a stool, table, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved life in the countryside. It is my dream that when my husband and I retire , we can find a good place like this one. I love anything wooden too. Just hopping here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!