Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A GIFT OF BOOKS

In the mail the recently, we received a box.  And another box.  And more!


A very sweet friend is paring down her book collection and sent us these boxes of gardening books!  There are books on butterflies, bird watching, building birdhouses, flowers, vegetables, companion planting, heirloom planting, edible wild plants, and even a book on heat tolerant plants (definitely something to know here).

Several of them are geared toward gardening and planting right here in our part of the state.

I think 2nd Man was jealous that they were all for me (he is the cookbook gatherer in the household, ha) but was still excited to be able to add to our library.


5 comments:

  1. Those books ... All of them ... Will be more then useful once you get out to the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice friend sending you all them books. Nice book selection.
    Will keep you busy going through and reading all of them.
    That is something that I need to go through and downsizing the books I have, but it's just one of them things that end up on the back burner and just doesn't get done. When one has well over 3000 books to go through, there is always something that needs to be don first. Maybe someday I will get-around-tuit.
    Have good chance of more rain moving in later this evening and into tomorrow, Friday and good chance for showers on Sat.
    Enjoy your day and have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wait until you get to the farm to read those. I read gardening books as I got into gardening. It is amazing what I learned before I got to the dirt part or even buying plants. Of course, now there is mowing to do. Jerry Baker is the person who had the non-toxic recipe for bug killer. I used my blender to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that the ones labeled lasagna gardening would fall into 2nd man's collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s nice to have a variety of garden, plant, and wildlife books for browsing, planning, solutions to problems, and identification of the creatures that visit/inhabit the Farm. Lots of enjoyment in those pages!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!