Monday, March 18, 2024

SPRING IN THE ORCHARD

 I got the orchard area all cleaned up, it's SO nice now.

It's a multistep process.  First, I edge around each raised bed.  Then I go into each bed and edge inside (careful of course to avoid the base of the trees/bushes).  Then I use the little electric push mower to get in between the beds a bit more.  Lastly, I get the big Zen Machine and go around as much as I can and it "cleans up" all the grass from the prior events.

In the end, it looks like this and it makes us happy.  Now in the upcoming weeks, I'll add soil as needed and top off with mulch and it will be picture perfect and good for the the season.  But for now, we're happy and the trees are happy and blooming.

Speaking of blooming...


Nectarine...


Plums...


Cherry blossoms (bush cherries)...


Fig tree (no blooms but happily leafing out after almost not making it last Summer)...


Both pear trees...


Blueberries (two varieties) are flowering...


This is the mayhaw, flowers and buds all over...


One apple tree...


And the other apple tree!

Spring is definitely doing its thing!

8 comments:

  1. My son loves mayhaw jelly. I wish I could grow it here.
    Love the photos of the blooms. So far only my pear is blooming. I am hoping the apple trees are just late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have cleaned the orchard up nicely. The blossom are beautiful. My blueberries need to come out of the utility room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the orchard looks lovely! joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such bloody great photos everything looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your orchard and it's surroundings look wonderful. Trees are growing nicely and blooming nicely; blooming up for Easter and and the 1st day of Spring come tomorrow. I'm sure the bees are enjoying them beautiful blooms.
    Hopefully no bad weather or hail storms moving in your way.
    Have yourselves a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite an orchard. Lovely to see all the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful blooms! Mother Nature is waking up! Your orchard looks so tidy and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring is officially here. The Mesquite trees here in North-Central West Texas have begun to bud.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!