Friday, April 5, 2024

HEART HEALTH UPDATE

Well...for those wondering, here it is: cardiologist appointment was yesterday and...

...it was good news all around!

No blood draw, he likes to do that at either 6 months or the year anniversary (unless I say I’m having issues or they see something).

They took my blood pressure, 105/78 which they said was spot on perfect.

Then they did an EKG to see damage and said he could see where I had the heart attack (it changes the rhythm), but added that it also showed there was very minimal damage, and my heart did an excellent job of healing.  He drew on a piece of paper to show me how mine was and what a severely damaged heart would show and yeah, huge difference.  When I went in that morning, they said they had a limited amount of time to save my heart from major damage and they succeeded!

According to the notes on my file, with everything he could see and my interview questions asking if and me saying I have had zero problems or concerns, I was doing 100% perfectly.  

He said my stents are the 18th generation, I found out he was actually one of the first surgeons in Houston to ever put in a stent and that they have improved so much.  I have the latest and it is infused with a drug that prevents scar tissue from forming.  According to him, there is no reason I can’t go ten or fifteen years without having to think about them.  He just wants me to get through the first year and then he’ll decide which medications to stay on.

I asked what my max heartrate should be when doing physical activity or yardwork, he said 140ish was fine.  I’ve been getting it around 135 if I’m doing a lot of work outside, so that’s good.  He said if it gets higher, just take a break on the porch and relax for a bit.  No problem there!

I’ve lost 16 lbs since December 7th (when it happened).  He said our change in diet and lifestyle has helped and I was a model patient and wished all his patients could be like this, ha.  He said some just refuse to change anything and some don't want to take medications.  I have things to do in this life, there is no time to mess around with my health! 

Next appointment in three more months...

Now, onward to more important things, stay tuned! 😉

15 comments:

  1. A Great Applause from me That is wonderful news.
    With the weight you lost, you can now go out and buy yourself a new wardrobe. :}
    Have a good day and a wonderful and fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just plain good news. I have had to make major adjustments in my diet since I edged above the the pre-diabetes line with a 7.1 ACL sugar level. I quit eating a LOT of things I really liked and in 6 months I had it down to 5.6. Plus I left a few pounds behind too. My doctor said the same as yours, most folks just won't make the efforts necessary to keep good health. Again, most welcome good news on your part. Keep up the good work and keep us informed. You have quite an extended digital family now, and we are all rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd man deserves a big kudos, too. You two did well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful news. I and all your readers are so happy for you. Now onwards and upwards for the farm house replacement! Roderick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you for working together to make all the positive changes to get you to this point! ❤️
    You may want to correct the title to "heart" rather then "hearth" ... 🫣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, fixed it, thanks!! :-) And yep, we're going the right direction!

      Delete
  6. That's wonderful news! Very happy to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful news! You and 2nd Man have done such a great job for your heart health!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news. I am so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really great news! i am so happy for both of you! joyce

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful news. Hope you have a great weekend. 🦘

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!