Monday, September 28, 2026

ON THE ZEN MACHINE FINALLY

FINALLY got to mow.  Have had to put it off the last few weekends because of so much else going on and also just SO hot.  This weekend it was warm but very low humidity, so it actually didn't seem "as hot" as it has been lately.  On Saturday, I spent some time doing the edging and trimming.

I did the orchard area around the beds and inside each one (the empty beds will have some Fall plantings once the weather cooperates).  I worked there first and then did all around the house, the well shed and other outbuildings, driveway, sidewalk etc.

Had to call it a day Saturday after that.

Then on Sunday I broke out the Zen Machine and since it's been so dry (no rain in about three weeks), it was super easy even though it was VERY tall.

This is looking back toward the house.

From the porch toward the barn and shed and the front yard.


I even had some time and energy to clear some extra areas.  That clump of weeds in the foreground has rocks and pieces of concrete in there left from the build so I'll have to manually clear that...when cooler weather arrives of course, ha.  


Also got into a spot and cleared an area that hasn't been cleared before.  Always enjoy doing that.  It opens up areas that we haven't been able to see before and just adds to the view.  Not much to see right now of course, but it will be nice eventually.


One of the longer mows this year but as I said, got some good stuff done and when we look out the windows, instead of seeing a jungle, it's neat once again.  It's amazing how much of a relief it is once it's done.  Like something hanging over me that feels unfinished and somewhat overwhelming, only to find it was easy to remedy and now it looks great.  

We are just hoping that the weather starts its inevitable cool down soon and everything starts to go dormant!  I checked my app and over the last few years September has been the next to the last mow...either once in October or November. 

1 comment:

  1. Two days of yard work! That was a lot of work. Everything looks so neat now. And you got some extra clearing done also.
    Hoping it will start to cool down soon. I want to plant my fall/winter garden but it's still so hot. Hoping we get some of the rain that is predicted for later this week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!