Sunday, November 25, 2012

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, EAT LESS BE THANKFUL

Vintage Eat Less and Be Thankful poster, image courtesy of US National Archives
This Thanksgiving weekend, I thought I'd post this one.  It's one of my favorites out of all the ones that I've run across in my continuing online search for vintage poster images.

This one was obviously a Thanksgiving poster, circa WWI that urged people to "Eat less and be thankful that we have enough to share with those who fight for freedom".  Pretty nice words, then and today, as we all spend this weekend with our loved ones, eating and being thankful. 

Hope you are having a nice holiday weekend, or if you aren't in a place that celebrates the holiday, I hope you are having a great weekend doing whatever makes you happy!  After all, that's what life is all about.

2 comments:

  1. that is a beautiful poster, very inspirational, we celebrated Thanksgiving in October (Canadian here), I hope you had a good weekend,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty poster for sure, love the images and colors on it. We had a great weekend and I hope you did too. All our best!!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!