Thursday, August 25, 2016

GARDEN TABLE, INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday, we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm.  
Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Outdoor dining tables area, image via Pinterest
Some of you that have paid attention to the garden pictures may have noticed a large area where there are no raised beds.  It's a large, rectangular area just inside the front gate.  The reason is this...our plans are to have a LARGE table in that spot.  Something that could perhaps do double duty, as a place to sit and work on garden plans, rest, and of course, on nice days/evenings, dinner with friends and family.

We like this idea, we wanted a big table to fill the area but were wondering how to get something so big. We saw this picture and realized that two matching tables, end to end, would solve that problem.  We could also seat about 10.  How fun would it be to eating dinner IN a garden?  With our property being large, we have the opportunity for multiple areas like this, smaller or bigger.   For now, maybe this Fall or next Spring, we'll focus on the one for the garden.  Now to find some old tables like this and of course TWO of them in the same find, ha.  

Be inspired!

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, isn't it pretty? I could see this in your yard! :-)

      Delete
  2. Eating in the garden would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always been a dream of ours, granted in the middle of Summer we couldn't do it, certainly not until evening, but a big table(s) like this could come in handy other ways in the garden too.

      Delete
  3. I love this. Decorative grasses are so calming as the wind ruffles them. I am not much for outside eating but this setting is very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you never know how it will end up, but I think we can use it multiple ways, ha.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know, isn't it? So relaxing. And inviting as Carol said!

      Delete
  5. You could always use saw horses if you don't find the tables right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, it was actually on my list until I saw this, ha. But there is another spot where I think we might do that on a small scale for a nice size table. Great minds think alike! :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. That's a nice description, it is indeed lovely.

      Delete
  7. why do they hae to match? 2 of the same general style would be attractive. Want a match? Build 2 tables from rough lumber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I only meant match in the sense the same height, but they could certainly be different elsewhere. Thanks for the reminder and suggestion, I could probably tackle that... :-)

      Delete
  8. Sure like the rustic look of them tables. Using old barn wood would be awesome in making tables like this.
    Using solar lights in and around the grasses I think would make for a very lovely setting lovely setting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to find some old barn wood. I'll have to keep an eye out. We don't have those grasses but the more I see the picture, the more I think i'd like that style of landscaping too.

      Delete
  9. WOW! I love the garden table. It would be a nice place to be relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that! It sure would be. We have the space, now we have to find the tables.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!