Sunday, March 3, 2019

WET COLD AND PIGGY POPS

This is the view from the porch...it might look pretty but that not grass.  It's weeds. 


If I don't get to mow soon, it's going to be out of control.  Wait, it already is out of control.  It has rained on and off every day or two for weeks.  Nothing like floods or anything, just enough that with the cool, cold weather, and no bright sunshine, it won't evaporate.  There is grass growing up and around the raised bed fruit trees but I can't edge because of the standing water.  Sigh. 

I went out to the farm, watered the items on the porch (irony I needed to water, ha) and checked things out.  Then it started raining harder so I begrudgingly came back into town.  Cold and wet, not how I wanted to spend the day. 


On the way back, I stopped at the grocery store and saw these.  Piggy pop?  Fill with batter, pop in a hotdog and bake?

Is this something that the world needed?  

Am I missing out on something? LOL!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There is something oddly appealing about them huh?

      Delete
  2. Haha I LOVE the piggie pops idea. I think I need that (okay, maybe not, but it sure is fun).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm kind of with you, the more I look at them, they are kind of cutie in a way.

      Delete
  3. Wet and Cold here. Had a shower of rain early this morning and with the wind blowing makes it feel all that much colder.
    Oh, I have seen them pigs in a blanket and still haven't found the mold anywhere around here. Them Hillshire smoked sausages would be perfect for these little piglets or cutting up a hot dog into 3rds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And colder is coming! Yep that wet cold and wind is no fun.

      Hmm, y'all are all talking me into wanting a set, ha.

      Delete
  4. I would never buy the piggy pop molds, unless it was as a gag gift for my sisters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's what I thought too but I could be persuaded, ha. It would be fun at a party.

      Delete
  5. What a coincidence. My sister sent me pictures of the Pig-in-blankets that she made today. But she made them the traditional way, with yeast dough and sausage – the Czech word for them is klobasniky. It’s like a meaty cousin of the fruit-filled kolache. Both are delicious pastries. Looks like this mold is a quick way to make them from batter. Kinda cute with their piggy shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's funny! Pigs in blankets in the air, ha. Are klobasniky's like kolaches? I LOVE sausage kolaches. And they are kind of cute in a way.

      Delete
    2. Yep, same thing - sausage kolaches = pig-in-blankets = klobasniky. Yum!

      Delete
  6. I have to confess I love the picture of the true wildflowers growing around your barn. One of my saddest memories (sort of) is rolling into the backyard for the first cut of the season on my John Deere and seeing nature's fabulous display before me....a field of yellow, so bright & happy that took no work on my part. I felt terrible, but I did it. First I took some pictures though. It was just too pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, never thought about that. It IS pretty. It does seem overwhelming but hey, nature has its moments of beauty that's for sure. I will be sure and take lots of pics. We like the way you think! Thanks!!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!