Friday, June 14, 2024

REUSABLE CANNING JAR LIDS

 Remember last year I found some reusable lids from Ball on clearance?  Well, we love them and use them all the time.  The other day at lunch, I was in Walmart and found that they have their own as well.

Now you don't can with these, they aren't for sealing, they are for turning the ubiquitous jars into other uses.


The ones we got the last time were black and of course these are white (the only color available).  They are BPA free, food safe and perfect to use on our jars.


They fit wide mouth and standard so they work on big jars or little jars.  They are pretty cool to have on hand as they turn any jar into instant easy storage in the pantry, for leftovers in the refrigerator, and so many other things.  2nd Man loves them because he uses the jars to make salad dressing and these make it easy to put the lid on and shake it vigorously.  No leaks and works perfect!  I also use one for my quick pickled red onions and have taken stuff to work for lunch in a jar with one of these lids.

They work great for being reusable and not having to deal with rings and lids (save those for canning).


 

8 comments:

  1. I have some of them lids and absolutely love them; especially when I make freezer jam. These white lids won't rust like the metal rings and flats do when moisture is created.
    Before, I would use a piece of wax paper between the jam and the ring flat. But really didn't like that either. That is when I I spotted these white lids some months back. No more rusty lids. My meta; rings and flats are being used elsewhere...craft projects.
    Enjoy your evening and have a wonderful weekend.
    Stay cool and Stay Safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I will have to look for a package of them at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know walmart made and sold their own version. That's good to know! I agree they are fantastic lids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter has been using those for years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some of the Ball brand that I love. No more rusty lids. I use pint and quart jars to store all of my pantry items. I’ll have to look for the Walmart brand of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have used these plastic lids for many years. They are not absolutely airtight, though. They definitely have good uses, but I will not freeze in them. Maybe they now have a rubber seal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!