Wednesday, September 30, 2026

INTRODUCING OUR NEWEST KITTY

HELLO WORLD!!

Introducing...


DARWIN!!

We decided to keep our Australian naming theme.  

Sydney...
Brisbane...
Hobart...

and now...Darwin joins the family line.

We also chose that because, just like Charles Darwin and the whole survival of the fittest, Darwin was the only one of his litter to survive.  He's a fighter for sure.

He's only three weeks old and not out of the woods of course, but growing every day. We are not sure yet if he will be a tiny cat, he is so small, but the Vet said he seems to be healthy, just small for his age.


This is just after his eyes opened.
He's tiny but loud, ha.  


There has been drama...we had to make an ER run when he hadn't pooped in three days.  He got a tiny enema and he was good to go. They also gave him a micro dose of dewormer just to be safe since his mother is a feral cat.  He was the star of the ER clinic, everyone wanted to say hi.  They were calling him "little nugget".


He's eating well and loves his bottle. He stretches out his legs arms and holds on as much as he can.


He's got fleece blankets and four stuffed animal companions.

He's a sweet baby boy.

We are giving him his best shot at a great life. 

Hang in there Darwin and welcome home!

5 comments:

  1. Darwin is a strong and fitting name for #5 ... how could you not keep him? If Babygirl doesn't become an inside kitty, you have her son! I hope you do get Babygirl spayed!
    I think Hobart would approve of this baby! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! 100% she will be spayed. She had her appointment for the week after she gave birth. We told the vet and they said best to go about 3 or 4 weeks to let her heal and the milk to reduce and since she had a premature delivery. So she'll be whisked away soon, they will reach out when it's time.

      Delete
  2. Darwin is such a cutie-pie! The pictures of him are adorable. Standing up meowing. Holding his bottle. Curled up with his little tiger. Sooo cute! He has already imprinted on you two, so he will be following you all around the house. Darwin is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking your blog every day hoping for an update on the little one. I needed a Darwin fix badly! So glad he is doing well and ended up in such a caring household! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the old days, we put a ticking (wind-up) clock in the bedding with a newborn animal to remind it of their mothers heartbeat .. though as I recall, most clocks ticked pretty fast ... but it might be of some comfort to this little critter.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!