Saturday, October 3, 2026

RAINY RAINY

 After weeks of no rain, we're catching up...


We're having a break right now, after about 3 days of heavy, albeit on and off, rain.


So far, no flooding but lots of standing water.  No yard work for a while, ha.  How much rain have we had?  


We found this app called "RainDrop" that is used by farmers, gardeners and forecasters alike to determine rainfall amounts in certain areas.  Independent analysis as well as user reviews say it is accurate to within .10 to .25 when compared to actual rain gauges on the property.                            

We have had 6.26" of rain in the last 72 hours!

That's quite the rainfall. Plants and tress are nice and watered and the aquifer is getting refilled as well.

Win/win


But alas, more rainfall is on the way.

So this weekend we'll stay inside and snuggle with Darwin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!