Thursday, August 29, 2019

HERB GARDEN INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!


The long, hot, dry days of Summer are in full bloom and our thoughts turn to cool weather planning.  I like seeing garden designs and areas for planting flowers or herbs etc.  Above is an herb garden that I just love looking at. I like the tree in the center (though I have no idea what that might be, ha) and then the herbs around it and the stones and then more herbs.  It's a nice, tight design, almost like a small pocket garden.

Be inspired!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty layout and I do like the tree in the center. Too bad a person can't see what the leaves look like but I was thinking that a Acer Griseum (Paperbark Maple) would be pretty to have in the center. They are slow growing and grows more upright and has pretty foliage in the Fall.

    You need a good mixture of plants, native plants / sturdy plants / deer & rabbit resistance along with plants that will also add color to the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herbs love sun! Lavender, rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, chives, mint, artemisia or wormwood -- lots of herb seeds on Etsy! At the center of the garden - consider a large birdbath with a few rocks - for birds and bees!
    Cheers! Jan at Rosemary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love herbs but my herb garden is just plain-looking. This one is a beauty! What a wonderful retreat this could be at your Farm. Maybe place a small bench there to enjoy the beauty and wonderful scents.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!