Friday, October 11, 2013

FUNNY FELINE FRIDAY

Cat laying on his back
This is a feral we took care of from kitten hood.  We called him "Belly Kitty".  He was born to a feral mother cat under our house in town.  We had him fixed and after that, he rarely left the backyard.  We were the only ones that could ever pet him and he took full advantage of that.

He was ALWAYS laying on his back and loved nothing more than having his tummy rubbed.  When he saw us, he even made a show of running in front and falling onto his back, rolling around.  "Scratch my belly!"

Of course, he often decided to do this just outside the door, all splayed out on his back...we learned to always look down when carrying packages and to never go outside in the dark!  Sadly, he crossed over the Rainbow Bridge a couple of years ago, and we sure miss giving those belly rubs.
But he'll be making more Friday appearances in photos!

8 comments:

  1. There is an old saying that goes something like this- " a dog has a master, and cats have wait staff"

    Our furry friends are part of our family, and it is tough when they are not with us any longer.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that saying. So true. And I'm more than happy to be their staff, ha.

      Miss them like crazy but I can look at the picture and smile so it's better, eventually. :-)

      Delete
  2. My Mom's cat Sofie, liked to have her belly rubbed up to a point. Sofie is now in the home of my sister and brother in law in Charlottesville, VA. Mom couldn't have a cat when she moved into assisted living last April. I never heard her speak of the cat after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. I love the name Sofie for a cat. Other than one, all cats I've ever had in my life have been boys. The one female is an outside feral (Belly Kitty's sibling actually) and she was "good girl' for a few years and that became GiGi. ha.

      Delete
  3. LOL!!! How true is this?!! (btw...who needs cartoons? Your 'funnys' are better!) and... she DOES look like my cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you. And I've always liked orange (or yellow?) kitties.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ha, like a bear trap, you stick your hand down there and they fold up around it and start biting and scratching, lol.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!