Saturday, October 26, 2013

OFF TO SEDA BOLSA

For those new to the blog, Seda Bolsa is our farm name.

For the first time in several weekends (three? four?) today is beautiful and clear and relatively cool.  Woo hoo!  So as this posts automatically, we're at the farm, 2nd Man cleaning and me doing the outside stuff.  There is a 50% chance of rain on Sunday.  Of course that means there is also a 50% chance that it won't, but still, I need to do as much as I can, 'just in case' I can't be outside on Sunday.

Farm sky and happy sigh
My list grows ever longer but I've pared it down to the essentials for today:

First on the list, a little Zen Machine time (riding mower)
Then mow (push mower) inside the garden and edge around the raised beds.
Next I want to clean out the beds of dead plants and weeds that took over.
Then, taking seed garlic and shallots and want to get them planted in a bed.
Lastly, I'm planning on getting some holes dug for some of the plants so that the next time I go out (Sunday, hopefully), I can plop them in the ground with half the hard work already done.

Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

Update above!


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was, until today, ha. Y'all stay safe over there, I read about Jude.

      Delete
  2. 1st Man,

    Okay..............I'm jealous!!!!! You get to drive the Zen machine :P
    It's raining here all day, can't pull this baby out today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you now know, we had your rain today, ha. Your time is coming on the zen machine, hang in there!

      Delete
  3. What does Seda Bolsa mean? It's beautiful here in Arizona as well though a bit warm but much cooler temperatures will be arriving the middle of the week. I've been spray painting yard art items. It's beginning to look fabulous. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the story...
      http://twomenandalittlefarm.blogspot.com/2011/08/and-name-of-our-farm-is.html

      Delete
    2. Well, Tonya was very sweet to find the link and post it. Thank you Tonya.

      In a nutshell, a contractor told us once after we bought the farm that he couldn't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. So we decided we'd make that silk purse and we think we have. Seda Bolsa, loosely translated to Silk Bag/Purse. It's not grammatically correct in Spanish but it neither are most of the Spanish name neighborhoods and streets in Texas, ha.

      Plus it sounds exotic. LOL!

      Delete
  4. That's quite an ambitious list! Are you like me and always make a list twice as long as can realistically get done? Then I try my best to work through it all, and get some done and the rest goes on tomorrow's list. Good luck and happy skies. I hope you get your list done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, alas, I got 3 out of the 5 done. That's good, right? Ha. If we had had today, I would have easily done it. Oh well. Thank you for your comment!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!