Thursday, November 14, 2019

WAGON WHEEL FLOWERS INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!


We want one of these wagon wheels in the worst way.  We know, sounds weird. Why do we want one?  To do something like this.  Just a cool little piece of landscaping art.  It's fun, it's whimsical and it's kind of neat to see.  Would be pretty simple to execute a design like this as well.

In these parts however, we'd be hard pressed to find a wheel like this.  They just aren't something that common here.  We've heard they are more common up North and East but even then we're guessing they are probably expensive. 

Be inspired!

4 comments:

  1. Personally anything with beautiful flowers like that picture is awe inspiring. If you want to look for antique wagon wheels etc, got to your computer and type in cheap antiques near me and google will find every little store in your area so you can make a weekend of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fom the title of the post, I thought it was going to be the usual wagon wheel lying flat, a nice look. But, this is unusual to me. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new spin on yard décor.
    The 2 wheels that I have are the heavy metal ones (not wood). One of the wheels I have a L. metal Texas star mounted in the center and the other; well it's just sitting around; leaning up against my shed.
    Be patient, as I'm sure you will find the wheels somewhere, someplace.
    Pass the word around your workplace and maybe someone can help you out in locating you a wheel or 2 or 3 or more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This type of wagon wheel is available all over in our area. Maybe because we have quite a number of Amish and Mennonite communities in our area here min Northern Michigan. We personally have 4 of the large versions - I think the smaller two are 42" the larger 48" tall. I've always intended to have them welded into decorative gates.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!