Wednesday, May 20, 2020

ALFREDO BEEF STROGANOFF QUARANTINE MEAL

 Every few days, we are going to post some food/meals we are eating.  Usually there will be no recipe, what we want to post is just a reminder that simple is good, simple is comfort and during these times, we can all use a little (or a lot) of that.

Alfredo beef stroganoff
Here's one we just stood and looked in the pantry and said "hey, here's an idea!", ha.  It's a beef stroganoff made with Alfredo sauce.  Sure you can make beef stroganoff from scratch and we have done that many times but these days it's easier to do it this way.  Less fuss and 2nd Man gets a break, ha.

During pre-pandemic shopping, we mentioned in a post that I had bought a dozen or so jars of prepared sauces.  This time it's an Alfredo sauce from Kroger and we like it.  Their Simple Truth line is all organic and all regular ingredients with no additives and such.  Along with all the pasta that I stocked us up with, I also bought several bags of egg noodles and here we used some extra broad egg noodles.


A pound of ground beef is the only other major ingredient.  Brown in a skillet, drain and if you wanted to add any seasonings, you can do that now. 2nd Man added a bit of onion powder.

Pour the sauce into the cooked meat and heat it all to a low simmer.

Boil the egg noodles according to package directions.

Drain the noodles, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.  Add the noodles to the simmering beef Alfredo mixture and then thin it with reserved pasta water to your desired consistency.  That's it.  


Dish it up, add a dollop of sour cream on top for that stroganoff touch, sprinkle with some dried parsley and enjoy.  It is super easy, very filling, and most importantly, satisfying.


9 comments:

  1. OH, Yum! I love stroganoff. Makes for a quick & easy meal with a tossed green lettuce salad and garlic bread.
    When I don't have ground beef on hand, I have used Johnsonville Italian Sausage and also have used pork sausage before;(Owens, Jimmy Dean or the store brand)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! I love stroganoff. Your shortcut is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had beef stroganoff on sunday; gotta add parsley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love alfredo sauce, but I use chicken in that dish. I suppose it is the alfredo sauce I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. add a small can of mushrooms (diced)..more yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since its just me I like to cook/pre-prep two/three meals at a time BEEF ROAST is the protein. Dish1. Classic reg. Potatoes gravy and broccoli. Dish2. Beef Alfredo stroganoff. Dish3. Saved some of the noodles from dish2. Before I added the beef and put chicken breast instead. Chicken Alfredo with broccoli from dish1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does it freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this comment. I'm not sure, we've never frozen it but as with most pasta it might get a bit mushy upon thawing and reheating but heck, I'd try it.

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!