Monday, December 21, 2020

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING

The first part of this is just an update on the rainy weekend.  Scroll down toward the end for the truth in advertising portion of this post.


If you saw the weekend blog post, it was rainy Saturday.  VERY rainy.  I didn't realize just how much until yesterday when I went to the farm to check on things.  We had a little over 4 inches of rain.  There was a LOT of standing water at the farm.


This is where we usually park to be close to the house to carry stuff in or out.  I had to park further away.  Side note, when we have a new driveway put in and get the house taken care of, we're going to have this area filled in more so we can park.  The thing we don't know now is how close this will be to whatever we have done later so we'll have to kind of wait and see what works best at the time that is done.


Look!  A great spot for a small decorative pond, LOL!

OK now here is something we had to get everyone's opinion on:


OK, so I bought this at the grocery store one day.  It looked good.  We love corn and this was a great combination, it looked like lots of corn with some broccoli and red pepper.  Should be delicious and was different than so many other frozen vegetable blends...


...but, um, this is what it looked like out of the bag.  What the heck?  Looks like broccoli with a few corn kernels and some red peppers?  It bears ZERO resemblance to the picture on the bag.  I emailed HEB (the store) and sent photos.  I told them either the picture didn't match the product and they needed a new picture or the product didn't match the picture and they needed to adjust the product amounts so it matched.  In the end it was still good, they always are, but we were hoping for what it looked like on the bag.

They replied that they would send it up the chain to management.  We'll see what happens.

Christmas week is here!

11 comments:

  1. Isn't that something how they Always make the picture look good on the outside and totally different once you open up the package. They do that just to get a person to buy the product.
    Look on the package and there just might be a toll free number to call or have an email address or something on back of packaging (contact information)
    Normally the store doesn't have no control on the packaging; it's the manufacturing company.

    I do buy something along that line only it's in a can not frozen but out by Del Monte called, 'Southwester Corn with Poblano & Red Pepper' that I use in casserole dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also used that canned 'Southwestern Corn with Poblano & Red Pepper' in making my Chili Mac Soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first though is "well, the bag does say broccoli, corn and red pepper blend, not corn, broccoli and red pepper". My second thought is that they make this stuff in huge vats, so maybe this bag came from a spot not mixed well, and someone else is wondering where their broccoli is. For myself, I'd prefer the broccoli-er mix, but yeah, I'd be disappointed in the difference if I were planning on making something that needed more corn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing HEB you’ll probably be receiving a case of it with their apologies! I love HEB....

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4 inches of rain – the Farm got a lot more rain than I did. No wonder you have a little pond.
    That picture on the bag of corn with broccoli and peppers sure was deceptive. Since it is an HEB brand product, they are responsible for the product picture being truthful. Glad you notified them of this discrepancy.
    It was an absolutely gorgeous day today here - 72 and sunny with no wind - shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops weather. I spent several hours out in the yard and garden, enjoying every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least someone replied. That's a start. It's certainly not much corn. When it rains hard here, I have a lot of standing water in my backyard. I call my property The Little House On The Swamp.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's possible it was and end of a run or similar... that kind of thing does happen .. Think of how big a batch is to them (or their vendor) when it's mixed up... probably like a cement truck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I prefer what you got to what was on the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at the list of ingred, see what order they are listed in, that will tell you what there is the most veggie in the bag. I think the picture is way off. Glad you let the company know how you feel about the package.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!