Monday, May 29, 2023

MEMORIAL DAY 2023

It's a rainy day here, gray and overcast.  Watching the races (though as this posts, delayed again) and eating leftovers from the weekend meals.

Speaking of, here are the carnitas:


I took lots of pictures of each step so there will be a post soon with all the details.  It's a process but 2nd Man does it the authentic way, frying the pork in lard with oranges and milk and more.


It's SO good.  We tear them up to make tacos but the chunks of meat are good just eating on their own.


We cannot let today go without saying thank you to all who serve, to the families of those who serve and of course we are remembering those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to their nation.

Thank you...

10 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have married a chef! He does know how to cook and it always looks so delicious 🀀! Yes ... Drool!!
    πŸŒžπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, I told him what you wrote and he said "I'm not a chef just a good cook". But I agree with you. ;-)

      Delete
  2. That is some Delicious looking food there! Mmmm! 2nd Man is a Master Chef!

    On Memorial Day, we remember that “All gave some, Some gave all.” Honor, Gratitude, and Remembrance to all these Heroes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will pass that along to him, ha. And yes, great words always.

      Delete
  3. I would weight 500 lbs if I lived with y'all. The food always looks amazing! Janie V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are too funny, yeah, we have to maintain moderation, ha.

      Delete
  4. The food looks so good, waiting for the recipe soon. My son served 23 years in the Army, my daughter in law served Army and three grandchildren serving now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, took about 50 pics, need to pare it down and make it a step by step. Will get that up soon. Thank you for your family's service to our country!!

      Delete
  5. It's 6am but these pictures of the carnitas have my mouth watering. I can't wait for his recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!