Monday, May 8, 2023

FLAT TIRES HEAT AND RAIN

 Y'all probably saw the post prior to this, so needless to say this weekend was going to be light duty.  I went to the farm mid morning, really wanted to sleep in but work to be done, specifically, mowing.  This was the third weekend since the last time I mowed.

Opened the shed and two of the tires on Zen Machine II were flat!  Picked up some mesquite thorns the last time I mowed.  Fortunately, I had purchased some "Slime" for this very possibility.  We used this years ago on the first Zen Machine tires after a few flats and they never had a flat after that.

One bottle will do four tires on a riding mower according to the bottle so to be proactive, I went ahead and did all four tires.  It coats the inside with a self-sealing coating so that future punctures seal themselves.

Using the bottle of Slime and my Halo Bolt air compressor/charger (Christmas gift from 2nd Man couple years back) they saved the day.  The bottle gives you a special tool that lets you unscrew the valve stem pin, then a hose that you use to put in 8 oz slime, you screw the pin back in and just fill the tire to the proper, normal air pressure.

They worked perfectly the rest of the day, never lost any air and if I ran over any more thorns, I didn't know.

Mowed for a little over an hour and a half but I was tired.  No edging, even though I needed to.

The yard looks good once again but it was definitely a very warm day on Saturday.


When I left at about 2:30, it was a 'feels like' of 103 degrees.  Yep, that was enough for one day back after COVID.  Everything else was fine, fruit trees/bushes are doing great, more update on that later.

When I woke up on Saturday, I almost decided to put it off to Sunday.  Glad I didn't, as it rained pretty heavily on and off all day Sunday.  Now THAT was a good day to sleep in and sleep we did.  We needed the rest.

Both feeling much better today as this posts.  The forecast this week is for a good chance rain most every day.  Glad the mowing is done, in case I have to skip it this coming weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, it Was HOT Sat. We reached 95 deg, here and around the metroplex.
    Your park looks nice.
    Email from a friend that at Des Moines, Iowa No One is to mow their yard or fields, etc during the month of May. Saving the wild flower blooms for the pollinators.
    Have a wonderful day and enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of Slime but did not know how it worked. We have one of those little air things. It is wonderful, along with the tiny charger for the battery. After I had covid, I tired easily. In that heat it is best you took it easy. Mesquite thorns sound dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad you were prepared with the Slime and Halo because those flats would have been a real aggravation and energy drain for you.
    Sunday being a rainy day was perfect for your much needed recuperative naps. It can take a while to get your energy level back after Covid.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!