Monday, October 23, 2023

ONE MORE MOW IN THE BOOKS AND PEAR UPDATE

I took a vacation day Friday to go to the farm and do my yard stuff because we had an important meeting Saturday.  More on that soon.  Of course to both of us, any day out there is a vacation!


I got there about 8:45am and it was sunny, clear and just an almost perfect day.  The colors of everything seemed so brilliant and vibrant in the early morning light.  I might have been able to skip mowing but with our cooler weather and limited chance of rain, this could very well be the last mow of the season.


I fired up the Zen Machine 2 and got to it.  It was a happy day for sure.  With the cool breeze, I enjoyed every moment of it.


A little shorter length of time than normal, but almost as much coverage.  I could tell from the brush on the trail areas that there was no need to mow them because they are fading away.  I'm fine with that.


As usual, we love the way it looks when done, so clean and tidy looking.  I checked my mower app for the previous years of mowing and here are the last dates:

10/15/22
11/13/21
10/31/20
10/26/19
11/03/18
10/14/17

It could end up being this one or might have one more.  Odds seem to be in my favor but we shall see what the weather brings in the next week or two. A couple inches of rain could give us another burst of green.


Here is the 'wild pear tree' that we had to cut a few months ago at the request of the power company.  Several of you have asked about it and so far, it's hanging in there.   It is starting to spread out into a sort of new canopy that will hopefully look good and still produce pears next year.

Time to pull out our homemade orchard guide and see what to do now to give it the best chance next Spring.

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT WEEKEND!

4 comments:

  1. Your freshly mowed yard makes it look like a lovely park! Glad you has some great Zen Time.
    That is one tough pear tree! It's sad you had to trim it so much but it seems to have adapted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yard looks great. A person could throw down a blanket and have an afternoon picnic.
    Looks like your pear tree is coming out of shock from being cut/ trimmed down. May you have a bounty of pears come next year.
    Hurray for the Rangers on their win last night.

    Will be mowing our yard today before the rain moves in Wed. evening. Just had very few sprinkles yesterday.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. having a light rain all day today, which is really nice.
    Needless to say, wasn't able to get our yard mowed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!