Tuesday, October 6, 2026

FIRE EXTINGUISHERS FINALLY

You know, after we moved into our brand new home and realized we didn't have fire extinguishers.  Everyone should have at LEAST one in their home.


We decided on three.  We found this double set and then a larger "primary use" version.  They had a sale for the month for home safety awareness, so we got a great deal on them.


Once I get the barn organized (cooler weather this Fall), we will get another one for out there.


The big one (the primary use one) is mounted on the wall here in the utility room so it is close to the kitchen AND the garage.  

We put another one in the master bedroom closet so we have it at that end of the house and the last one is in the study/office so it's at the other end of the house.

Never can be too safe.  We have a volunteer fire department out here at the house so it is important to at least have the chance for a head start if, God forbid, something happened.  2nd Man is curious about one of those blankets that you can throw over a fire on the stove.  We might look into one of those too.  


2 comments:

  1. Talk to your fire department, they may have those blankets as a give-away!
    Where I live, every apartment has a small fire extinguisher and one of those blankets, thanks to our fire department! Every year they check all of the extinguishers to make sure they are good to go!
    I hope I never have to use either of them ... extinguisher or blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good idea. Safety first.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!