Thursday, September 6, 2018

WAGON WHEEL YARD DECOR INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!


Wagon Wheel with flower, image via Southernliving.com
This may seem odd but I have ALWAYS wanted to have a wagon wheel (or two or three) in the yard. Not sure why. Maybe I was on a covered wagon in a previous life, ha. I just love the look of one leaning up against a fence railing or, as in this case, against a pole or tree with some flowers around the base.  

You'd think in Texas they'd be easy to find.  But alas, they are not.  And I'm sure that any we would find would be outrageously expensive.  I'm guessing up North/Northeast, they might be more readily available.  Perhaps someday we'll make a road trip (with a pickup, ha).   

Be inspired!

7 comments:

  1. It would look great as the central item in a flowerbed.
    I googled and found "Texas Wagon Works" in Gonzales, Texas - http://texaswagonworks.com They have yard art wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make for wonderful flowerbed or yard attraction.
    I do have a couple that we had bought some years ago. One I mounted a large star in the center of the wheel and the other; well, it's just a wheel for now but I have to tell ya, they are fun to decorate for all the holidays and inbetween.
    The one wheel without a star I mounted a large grapevine wreath for holidays with tiny lights on it.
    They make for a cool yard decoration whether decorated or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check on Craiglists in your area for wagon wheels. Just may be lucky enough that someone may have some listed.

      Delete
  3. We have three (you can see them on the header of my blog) and all are completely covered now with thick morning glory vines. Some major cutting back must be done. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We live in Northern lower Michigan and EVERYONE has wheels around here, but almost all are metal. We have four 40" tall metal wheels, all 4 together cost less than $40. I've wanted to somehow make a gate using them but would have to pay someone to do the welding, and that's WAY down the list. I may manage to incorporate them into a porch railing when we re-do our porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad had several wagon wheels that he sold over the years. He’s gone now but I have two remaining wheels that I hope to plant something similar to the posts I have seen. Unfortunately I don’t have a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!