Sunday, February 2, 2014

STUPID GROUNDHOG

Image courtesy of http://vintagemarigold.blogspot.com
He saw his shadow...
SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER!?

Image courtesy of earthsky.org
And today it's cold and wet.

Sigh.

Off to watch "the big game" (i.e. The Superbowl)

EDIT: For those in other parts of the world who are unfamiliar with our sometimes 'odd' holidays, HERE is the Wiki info on Groundhog Day.  According to traditional lore, if the groundhog sees his shadow on February 2nd, there will be six more weeks of Winter.  If he doesn't, it's an early Spring.
Click HERE for a bit more info from the official website.

8 comments:

  1. Well thanks LOL... didn't know he say his shadow... arghhhh its been a long winter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I didn't even know it was today until I saw it on the news. Well, our only saving grace is that he's not always accurate, ha. It has been a long winter.

      Delete
  2. Ya, and we're heading into uber cold temps this week :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uber cold? That's not good! Stay warm. And protect your veggies!

      Delete
  3. Maybe it's my very Britishness but this entire post went over my head! I don't even know what the Big Game is, let alone a groundhog. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO sorry.....Big Game is the Superbowl (American Football) and the groundhog and Winter is part of a uniquely American event called "Groundhog Day". See the post above, I've edited it to include the wiki entries about it. :-)

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!