Saturday, December 12, 2015

OFF TO THE FARM FOR A BIT

So it's the weekend.  And there is rain.  So far it's light but it's supposed to get heavier throughout the day, as a cold front approaches 

(RAIN? Who could have imagined? he said, tongue firmly in cheek). 


There is not much I need to do at the farm except check the bees after the unfortunate incident last week and of course routine house checking.  We're also going out on a limb and will start taking the plants (and four fruit trees) that we bought to keep the backyard looking good while the house was on the market, out to the farm.  We won't be able to keep them at the apartment!  Speaking of the apartment, I'm going to have to figure out a new way to handle our plant deals.  For the last few years, I've been getting them when I find them and then keeping them in the backyard until ready to go in the ground at the farm. 

The forecast is for heavier rain tonight and then most of the day tomorrow...at least we won't have to worry about watering, for this week anyway.  

More when I get back along with pictures of the adventure.

Hope your weekend is off to a better start!

7 comments:

  1. Noooo...not more rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arizona had rain last night. None today so far. But....it's COLD. Don't think it will get down to freezing anything. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping all is well with your bees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps the places you buy your plants will agree to hold them until you can take them to the farm? Big stores often will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the bees. You might try seeing if the apartment building will let you keep plants on the roof until you're ready to head to the farm. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just visited your "About Our Journey" page. Drooling is so impolite but here I am, wiping up my chin and imagining walking down your wonderful driveway. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!