Thursday, May 30, 2019

WASH TUB PLANTER INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm. Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Wash tub flower planter
Another one of these cool old washtubs (we think that's what it's called?) filled with flowers.  So pretty and looks like it belongs in the country.  I'm guessing the advantage too is that there is a built in drain hole in the bottom.  My Grandmother did something like this a few times that I remember and it was just as pretty as this one.  I seem to recall that hers has red and yellow flowers in it...

Be inspired!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Like the variety, textures along with color of the different flowers planted in the tub.
    Flowers are so pretty when planted in galvanized containers. Gives the old vintage look to galvanized containers adding beauty to one's porch, garden or yard area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely! I like the combination of pink and purple with some spots of yellow. This would be so charming on/by your porch or just anywhere that needs a splash of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call it a washtub, but I also call the large metal container at my front door a washtub and it's just the tub part. My flowers are dying in the terrible heat.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking containers more and more for any kind of plant, food or flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, I love those old washtubs! I never seem to find any around at the local thrift stores or garage sales though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Petunias are my favorite flowers, so easy to grow and they flower all spring summer and fall. The only thing I would mention is that the dark purple or blue-ish flowers are only pretty up close, from a distance they don't show up as much, so it depends on what your goals are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I have a double washtub that was my grandmas and I am looking for inspiration.... I have found it!! I am going to try to recreate this! :O) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!