Friday, July 17, 2020

SAUSAGE AND CHEESE BISCUITS QUARANTINE FOOD FRIDAY

Since so many of us are stuck inside, we are going to post some food/meals we are eating.  Usually there will be no recipe, what we want to post is just a reminder that simple is good, simple is comfort and during these times, we can all use a little (or a lot) of that.


This was lunch one day (or I guess brunch).  Now 2nd Man makes a mean biscuit (recipe is on the blog) but for the pandemic and to save our flour I also stocked us up with canned biscuits. I know, sacrilege, but hey, it's all about saving time and resources while providing comfort.  We baked up a can of flaky "Grands".  All we needed was a package of sausage patties and some cheese.  We have those on hand as well.

Pop the biscuits in the oven and the sausage in a skillet.    By the time the biscuits are done the sausage is ready.  We put some squares of cheese on the sausage so it starts melting and then just load up the biscuits!


It's warm, flaky, cheesy, sausage goodness!  We like keeping sausage in the freezer and the canned biscuits usually have a long enough "fridge life" so that we can stock up on them too for fewer trips to the store.

Speaking of shopping, here is some quarantine dark humor sent to us by a friend of the blog:



Stay safe and eat well!

8 comments:

  1. What's with the store bought biscuits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, right? As I we said, just saving resources until our flour shipment arrives. Plus it saves time. Just great for a quick comfort food meal/snack. See earlier in the blog for lots of homemade biscuit meals, and more to come. :-)

      Delete
  2. I would substitute pork roll (philly thing) for the sausage. but yeah, those look dee-lish!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong with store bought biscuits. I do prefer my own homemade biscuits but this is just as good if not better. I made biscuits and sausage for my husband once for a mid morning Sunday brunch and he just about died and went to heaven. At least that's what he said. He said it was 10 times better than Micky-D's. Now that's a complement to the cook, plus the kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure looks good to me. i would eat it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look sooo good – mmm! Simple but so delicious! Good comfort food for these unsettling times.
    Yes, I do feel like Katniss when I have to venture out to the grocery store. The virus is really spreading in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the rolls of sausage, so i have to make the patties. I think i will get some Grands. Plus, there are some frozen biscuits that are supposed to be delicious. And, you can remove just a few at a time to cook. Now, I want cheese on my sausage biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Them breakfast sandwiches look really darn good right about now. Heck, they look good Anytime.
    Now, have nice crispy crowns or tater tots to go with and it would be ideal.

    I use the Grand biscuits sometimes in making individual pizzas. The grandkids eat them up, as they can put on any toppings that they like. ( Like having a pizza buffet with all the toppings in small dishes for them to pick and choose what they want.}

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!