Saturday, November 28, 2020

THANKSGIVING DINNER 2020


We had a little rose wine while we were letting things cook and bake.  This was a gift from a coworker and it was very good.


2nd Man had to bake something this year so he chose dinner rolls.  Yummy!


The turkey came out delicious (more on how we did it this year in an upcoming post). Tender, juicy and a perfect golden color.


2nd Man made some green beans with bacon, onion and tomatoes...


And I made broccoli rice casserole (forgot to get an 'after' picture other than on the plate)...

We also had some homemade gravy and of course cranberry sauce (from a can, memories of childhood).


We cracked open a bottle of syrah to go with dinner...


Set the table for two...


And jumped in, ha.  It was all very good!



Since we didn't want 2nd Man cooking all day, we opted for bakery dessert.  This is a four season pie.  Blueberry, cherry, peach and apple.


We topped with some ice cream and it was a perfect Thanksgiving dinner.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful day and had lots of good eats!

10 comments:

  1. Mmm, that was a beautiful and delicious Thanksgiving feast. Love your pretty and elegant table setting. The Four Season pie is a good idea - the variety has something to please everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pie looks dee-lish, as do the rose wine and the dinner rolls. I will have to look for that wine up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the abscessed tooth, the day fell way short of wonderful. But, we had the turkey I cooked and something else, and I was relatively happy. Hey, I was glad I was alive! All the food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious! I enjoyed looking at the lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks Fantastic; in including the wine.
    Green beans without bacon are called 'naked' beans. :}
    That pie looks Delicious, especially having it a la mode style. Haven't see The 4 Season Pie around here but then I don't get to HEB or Kroger.
    Maybe, when you have a chance you could post recipe for your broccoli rice casserole please.

    Received rain yesterday along with the cold front moving in and got my most tender plants that are in containers moved inside the shed.

    Both take care, stay safe & stay healthy.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I read in email and did not realize comments were allowed. Can I get your recipe for the rice and broccoli please, I lost mine. Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner looks great. I had never heard of a 4 season pie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness ... it all looks so delish! Thank goodness for leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, that was a delicious looking pie. Well all you had looked yummy. I got rave reviews on the pumpkin pies I made. They are both long gone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of a multi flavoured pie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!