Friday, September 24, 2021

PRODUCE CRATE TRASH TO TREASURE

Regular readers know that I have a favorite place to look for bargains...our downstairs trash area!  Our building has trash chutes on every floor and they feed into a separate room, but for boxes and other things that people can't put in the chute, there is an area (indoor) near the loading dock where people can put the things they don't want.  I've found quite a few cool items over the last few years.

Here is one of the latest!

This was sitting with a pile of cardboard boxes and I almost passed it up thinking it was just another cardboard box.  The writing on it caught my eye.  I grabbed it, looked at it and decided it was worthy of saving, ha.  It's a wooden crate, albeit a very thin wood, that held oranges shipped from Spain.

It has great graphics on it with a very retro look to it.  It will be neat to use for storage.  We were thinking of using it in the pantry to hold something...maybe packages of pasta or something similar.

After all, storage doesn't have to be only practical, it can look fun too, right?


4 comments:

  1. Some wood from foreign places has pests in the wood that emerge later. I love the box but would be careful about storing food in it, especially pasta or anything not sealed in glass or metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me function beats form every time, but if you can have both it is a win/win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the best stuff in that “trash” area! I love this crate and it does has cool graphics.
    You could also use it to corral afghans or blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that wooden crate too. Glad to hear that you found a good use for it:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!