Monday, August 10, 2026

SHATTERED WINDOW

So this happened...

We were sitting in the living room and heard a noise, but just thought it was a cat on the porch and didn't really think much about it.  Later, I was looking out the kitchen window and I could see through my car windows to the back and saw that it was shattered.

Like, exploded type of shattered!

It was the rear hatchback window, from one side to the other.  Most of it was held precariously in place, but the side pieces were all over the driveway.


Little pieces like this!  After sweeping them up, I moved the truck out into the yard.  Then I very carefully moved my car over in the driveway so I could get 2nd Man's car out and drive that to work.

We're not sure what caused it, I mean, obviously the heat cause it to shatter, but there must have been a small crack there that I couldn't see.  The service tech said it could have been a couple days prior or a year ago, but the heat just cause it to suddenly spread and shatter. We called Safelite and they came out a couple days later and replaced it right there in the driveway.  Super easy and now I'm good as new.

Never a dull moment!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's shocking! August heat is terrible. So glad you were able to get it fixed at your home without having to drive your vehicle in that condition to get it repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to have my wind shield replaced and they came to the house. Very interesting how easy the men made it look. In Florida there is no deductable for window shield replacement.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!