Sunday, September 1, 2013

VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY, SERVE AND CONSERVE

Vintage Serve and Conserve poster, image from US National Archive
Here is one that has a great meaning today just as it did 60+ years ago (except maybe the long distance calls and war traffic, ha).
Conservation was the main focus of resources during WWII and so these posters were put around towns and cities to remind citizens to save and conserve;  Electricity, Communications, Water and Transportation, so that those  services and resources were saved for the war effort.

Hope you are having a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I was in San Antonio at their Convention Center for the World Science Fiction Convention. San Antonio is a very conservationist town and the Convention center reflected that. By every trash can they had an impressive bin to collect plastic, glass, paper and cans. They and the hotel I stayed at had water conserving facilities in the bathrooms. And the city, at least the tourist center that I was inhabiting, was CLEAN! It was a very nice place to be. And the convention was a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!