Thursday, February 25, 2016

BULBS IN A GALVANIZED CONTAINER INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday, we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm.  
Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and hopefully recreate it...enjoy!

Flowering bulbs in galvanized tub, image courtesy of southernliving.com
OK, it's time to get some flowers!  I found this photo on Southern Living.  Love love LOVE this.  We like the idea of the galvanized container of course, but then this combination of bulbs is just beautiful (though I think there are a few non bulb type flowers in there).  The galvanized tub makes it look so perfect for use at the farm.  

Of course, I guess most of the year before this blooms, it's just dirt. We suppose that's the downside of bulbs in containers instead of the ground, but hey, something like this is so pretty it almost seems worth it.

Be inspired!




10 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! I love galvanized tubs! I'm always checking Craigslist for them. I want to make self watering containers with them. These spring beauties would be at the top of the list! Thanks for sharing! It has me looking forward to something other than snow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a beautiful pop of color. The galvanized tubs will look great at your Farm. I think, for the first year, it would be good to plant the bulbs in the tub when they are in bloom, so it will be easier to place the right colors and heights where you want them. My paperwhite Narcissus are blooming right now. They look and smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love planting in galvanized containers; old water cans, buckets, etc.
    A tub like shown, mount legs on it, sit it on your farm porch and paint 'Welcome' on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. And you could always plant flowering annuals in it when the bulbs have died down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bulbs in a tub! I like the looks of the bulbs in a tub! Charming! However, I agree with Elephant's Child..you could always plant a assortment of annuals after the bulbs have gone dormant or just plant assorted annusals with each seasonal change. There are floers for every season. Whatever you decide to plant, I'm sure the outcome will be beautiful. (Scarlett)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops typo, sorry! I meant flowers up there not floers. ;)

      Delete
  6. 1st Man,

    Totally beautiful, you should do it!!!
    I can picture tubs outside your fenced in garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I have planted tulips in my galvanized tub but there seemed to be something missing. You have shown me what I need to add. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!