Thursday, February 11, 2016

FLOWER DESK POTTING BENCH INSPIRATION THURSDAY


Every Thursday, we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm.  
Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and hopefully recreate it...enjoy!

Repurposed Desk into Potting Bench and Planter, image courtesy of a friend of the farm!
Recently, one of our "friends of the farm" blog followers sent us this picture.  It is a desk that she repurposed into an outside planter and potting bench.  Isn't it awesome?  She did a great job.  She took an old desk otherwise destined for the junk pile and painted it a wonderful pop of blue.  Then she added the Dutch flower designs to the drawers and used the top two for flowers.  On the back she added a pallet (aren't those things so wonderful and versatile?) and painted it the same color.  Then voila, a flat surface to use for potting and a place to hand tools.

I asked her if I could post it and she was more than happy to share.  I'm sure she'll read the comments here so let her know how awesome a job she did.  It certainly inspires us and makes us realize that even an old desk can have a wonderful new life as something else entirely (and I like the blue!).

Be inspired!


25 comments:

  1. what a wonderful idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous idea and I just happen to have an old desk sitting around. Applause for your brilliant friend, as well as you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, I'm sure she will read this and be very pleased!

      Delete
  3. That is Absolutely Adorable. Beautiful bright colors
    Love that Garden Shed sign which looks like it's pointing right to your barn sheds there 1st man. :} Matches your sheds as well. How lovely something like that would look good sitting off to the side of your shed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adorable isn't it? Love the color. Hmm...you're right about the sign. Will have to keep that in mind!!

      Delete
  4. She is amazing, she needs to come to my house hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely & colour much better than the yellow we have seen lately!
    I would hate to got it dirty with soil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, better than those odd yellow, ha. Blue is so pretty in the garden. Funny you said that, I said the same thing when is saw it, I would be afraid to get dirt on it, ha.

      Delete
  6. That is so cool, if you are reading this, job well done........now I have an old desk in my garage, can you come to California? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cute! The colors are perfect and the painted flowers are the finishing touch. What a great up-cycle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painted flowers match the live ones, so pretty!!

      Delete
  8. Such wonderful comments, thank you all so very much and to Two Men for posting my old desk! California? I'm so there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yay, you saw it!! Glad you let us post it, it really is inspiring!! You are very talented, thank you again for sharing!!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!