Saturday, November 26, 2022

THANKSGIVING TURKEY AND CHRISTMAS DECORATING

It has literally been raining every day since Wednesday, though we have a break right now.

Since we had pics every day of the turkey brining process, we figured we'd show you the end result:


This was it after we took it out of the fridge Thursday morning and then rubbed melted butter on it.


And here it is after 90 minutes.  Golden and beautiful, super moist and delicious.  We ate half for our meal and leftovers and then we took the meat off the other half and vacuum sealed two bags of meat for future use.

I'm not going to the farm today, will probably go tomorrow, unless it rains again.  I certainly don't need to water.  So today will be Christmas decorating day!


Here is our basement storage unit (the overhead lights were off, it's not normally this dark) full of Christmas and other stuff.  I will be getting all the decorations out (the tree we use is in that box) and, as this posts, we'll be in the midst of Christmas decorating!

Pictures to come later!

Hope you are having a good weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Your turkey looks Outstanding.
    Since late evening Wed. and all through this morning we received 4 inches of rain.
    Went into town early this morning and went toy shopping; light shower and all.
    Enjoy your weekend and happy decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we were happy with the way it came out. We had steady rain, about 3 inches I believe.

      Delete
  2. Oh, my ... your turkey turned out so gorgeous! Definitely looks good enough to eat! LOL
    We have commenced with the Christmas decorations on my floor ... not everyone will help, but those of us who do help with the decorations all have items to add to the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was so yummy. I hope you get your stuff decorated, I know it's fun when it's a group doing/helping. We put our tree up at the office the other day, a group effort and it's so much fun and rewarding to look at after.

      Delete
  3. It is a pretty turkey! I haven't started decorating yet, but I can now turn my attention to decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, he was a looker, ha. Have fun decorating and enjoy!

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful Thanksgiving turkey – absolutely perfect! You two sure know how to cook up delicious meals!

    There is water standing in all the low spots in my yard. We even had brief hail a little after 2 a.m. I woke up and the cats woke up and we just looked at each other, wondering what was that loud noise – it sounded like half a dozen raccoons running around in the attic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always too kind. Thanks. We never had hail but it was pretty crazy for a while. Now of course I'm replying to this and it's beautiful weather. Enjoy!

      Delete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!